Graphics cards are undoubtedly one of the most important components of a PC for a gaming fan. While some might disagree with this statement and would oppose by focusing on a powerful CPU, gaming enthusiasts will know that a great CPU and a gaming card go hand in hand when it comes to performance. While most gamers rely on heavy-duty gaming cards that are usually expensive, gamers who are usually on a budget focus on a gaming card that balances the ratio between performance and budget.
It might be hard to believe, but there are hundreds of gaming cards out there within a range of 100 to 200 dollars that give you bang for your buck in terms of performance. However, choosing the perfect one for your PC might be tough. In this post, we’ve shortlisted the 10 best graphics cards under 200 dollars that would go perfectly with your gaming systems. All of these gaming graphics cards are budget friendly and performance-centric. So, without further ado, let’s have an in-depth analysis of what’s in store for you on a budget of 200 dollars.
|Graphics Card||Min. Power Supply||Memory|
|SAPPHIRE NITRO Radeon Editor's Pick||225W||GDDR5, 4GB||Price|
|MSI GTX 960 2GD5T OC||550W||2048 MB GDDR5||Price|
|Gigabyte GTX 960 G1 Gaming||400W||4GB GDDR5||Price`|
|MSI GTX 960 GAMING 2G||400W||2048 MB GDDR5||Price|
|NVIDIA GTX 1060 3GB||400W||3GB GDDR5||Price|
|AMD Radeon RX 480||150W||8GB GDDR5 (256-bit)||Price|
|MSI R7 370 GAMING 4G||110W||4GB GDDR5||Price|
|Zotac GTX 1060 Mini 3GB GDDR5||120W||3GB GDDR5||Price|
|EVGA GeForce GTX 750Ti SC||300W||2GB GDDR5||Price|
|ASUS Rog Strix Radeon RX||350W||4GB GDDR5||Price|
This amazing entry-level graphics card is perfect for any novice in gaming and can juice out 1080p HD resolution. You’ll often require lower image quality settings when using this gaming card. The price tag for the Radeon RX 460 is incredibly small as compared to its performance which is great. The 4GB graphics card by ASUS is the successor to Radeon R7 260X, and the difference can easily be determined while gaming. Clocked at a dynamic boost frequency of over 1,200 MHz on the reference cards, these cards come with amazing 896 shader processors.
- Auto-Extreme Technology with Super Alloy II – The industry-specific Auto-Extreme technology coupled with the Super Alloy II graces this gaming card for premium quality and reliability.
- 1256 MHz Engine Clock – With a 1256 MHz engine clock, the performance always remains excellent for the best gaming experience.
- DirectCU II with Patented Wing-Blade 0 dB Fan Design – This unique fan design allows the card to stay 30% cooler, producing three times less noise.
- GPU Tweak II – The GPU Tweak II feature allows you to easily tweak the performance of the gaming card.
- Aura RGB Lighting – For those who like to personalize their gaming style, the Aura RGB lighting can be a blessing.
- ASUS Fan Connect – An intelligent GPU interface that lets you control the fan movement of the card remotely for optimal thermal cooling.
- Low Power Consumption – Better performance on a smaller power consumption.
- Optimal Temperature Control – By far, the best temperature control features in a gaming card of this caliber.
- Small Overclock Capacity – Small overclock capacity belittles your chances of a high caliber performance.
- Pricey – A bit pricey as compared to its competition.
Next on the list is the GTX 750Ti SC where the SC rightfully stands for Super Clocked. For a gaming card that costs a little over $100, the GTX 750Ti SC is an excellent choice to run most midlevel games at 1080p HD resolution. There are 3 different variants in terms of GPU and this one is perhaps for gamers on a budget. Additionally, the GPU comes with 2 gigabytes of video RAM and is slightly overclocked to give you more than average performance in every game. Speaking about the performance, the GTX 750Ti SC truly does justice to the budget that it’s working with. Let us now talk a bit about the specifications of the product and then jump into the pros and cons.
- Super Compatibility – The GTX 750Ti SC is compatible with most motherboards that include a PCIe 3.0 x 16 interface. The OS compatibility ranges from Windows XP to Windows 7 and above which is pretty diverse, hence making it easy for you to switch from your previous gaming card to your new one.
- Wide Range of Video Outputs – DVI-I, HDMI, and Display Port devices can be connected easily to the GTX 750Ti SC for excellent graphics. This allows you to connect more devices than just your computer screen.
- Super Clocked for Your Pleasure – The GTX 750Ti SC has a GPU clock speed of 1176 MHz, making it around 24% faster than your average graphics cards.
- EVGA Precision X – Designed intelligently to support the newest GPU technology, Precision X redefines your overclock experience to get you excellent results.
- Quieter Experience – Game in peace and don’t let any fan noise get the best of you.
- Faster Clock Rate – With the EVGA Precision X, the clock rates are incredibly higher.
- Better Cooling – The cooling system is efficient and takes care of any heat production in the perfect manner.
- Higher Power Consumption – Due to the higher clock rate, the power consumption is naturally higher as well. This can sometimes turn out to be harmful for motherboards with weak power supply components.
NVIDIA responded to the Radeon RX 480 with a beastly GeForce GTX 1060. The product provides the performance of a $350 gaming card at an excellent price tag of around $200. Based on the third ASIC built on the “Pascal” architecture, this device can do wonders. Similar to what the GTX 1080 is based on, this chip features half the SIMD machinery of the GP104 silicon. Let’s now talk about the specification, pros, and cons of the GTX 1060 Mini before providing our verdict on it.
- Fits Most PCs – Compatibility of the Zotac GTX 1060 is top notch and fits most motherboards perfectly. It’s a small powerhouse ready to transform your ordinary PC into a gaming PC on a budget.
- Game Ready – The GTX 1060 is ready to create an impact on your world with a ready-to-game overclocked gaming card to help you experience extreme performance at all times.
- Performance Loving – The GTX 1060 loves to perform! With the super-fast Fin-FET and next generation memory technologies alongside the latest Direct X support, this device is a beast for your motherboard!
- Breakthrough Gaming Technology – The GTX 1060 comes packed with the latest NVIDIA GameWorks technology, promising an unbelievable gaming experience.
- VR Ready – Love to play in Virtual Reality? Well, the GTX 1060 is ready to take you on a VR journey that will blow your mind away.
- Compatibility – Easily compatible with most motherboards. Additionally, the gaming card is very compact and doesn’t take up additional space.
- Overclocking Potential – The overclocking potential is excellent thanks to Firestorm being a part of the GTX 1060. This makes it easier for you to run your favorite games.
- Low Power Supply Requirements – The GTX 1060 does fairly great with low power supply requirements, which is excellent for people with an older motherboard switching to a newer gaming card.
- Noise Production – There’s too much noise production because of the fans that even run in idle mode.
- High Temperatures – The noise of the fan is bearable if it cools down the gaming card, but sadly, the gaming card reaches high temperatures far too often.
Next on the list is MSI’s take on the R7 370. MSI’s version of the R7 370 is rocking 4 gigs of VRAM along with the signature Frozr V cooler in red and black. At a little over $150, you can buy the 4GB variant of the gaming card. After the review, I can safely say that the GPU can generate excellent frame rates. However, if you’re looking for something extraordinary from this mid-ranged gaming card, don’t get your hopes up. The results of newer games will still be satisfactory.
- Cooler, Quieter, Better Gaming – With Twin FROZR V, you get a state-of-the-art airflow control system that cools your gaming system down for a quiet and cool gaming experience.
- TORX Fan – The TORX fan comes with a dispersion fan blade along with a traditional fan blade. This specific motion helps the Twin FROZR V to keep the gaming card cool at all times.
- Gaming App with 3 Fan Modes – With the unique MSI gaming app, you get nothing but the best gaming experience and 3 different fan control modes namely OC Mode, Gaming Mode (default setting) and the much-praised Silent Mode.
- Super SU Pipe – The Super SU pipe that comes with this gaming card is truly one of a kind and makes sure it stays cool even when high-performance gaming is in action.
- Excellent 1080p Performance – The MSI Radeon R7 370 provides excellent and consistent performances at 1080p with most games.
- Handles 1440p with Stability – This gaming card can run some good games at 1440p in a stable manner.
- Budget Friendly – The gaming card is budget friendly! In fact, it is perhaps one the best cards in this budget.
- High Power Consumption – As compared to its rival, the MSI Radeon R7 370 consumes more power.
- Doesn’t Surpass Competitors – Even though the product provides excellent performance and capabilities, it doesn’t surpass its competitors.
This next gaming card brought quite a change in the industry with its VR capabilities and low price. In fact, it is perhaps one of the cheapest graphics cards out there that reach the specifications of OCULUS Rift and HTC Vive. Since its release, there have been a couple of other releases in the market for competitors that closely resemble this gaming card in terms of performance, namely the Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 and the AMD Radeon RX 470. However, the AMD Radeon RX 480 stands a class apart when it comes to performance.
- Premium VR Experience – If you love playing your favorite games in Virtual Reality, this is the product to buy. The AMD Radeon RX 480 is just the thing you need.
- Future Ready – With support for 14nm Fin-FET along with unique power, gating, and clocking technologies, you get a superior and quieter gaming experience.
- Radeon WattMan – Previously known as the Radeon Overdrive, enter a whole new world of customization for your gaming card.
- Decent Performance on 1440p – The extra overclock functions allow you to play 1440p games on stable and decent performance.
- Superb 1080p Performance – Performance on 1080p is what got the RX 480 the upper hand over its competitors. The gaming card performs exceptionally on compatible 1080p games.
- Cheapest VR-Ready Gaming Card – There is no doubt about the fact that this product is the cheapest VR-ready gaming card that you can find in the market.
- Noisy – Under load, the RX 480 can produce a lot of noise which is an obvious downside for a gaming enthusiast.
- Fails Against Competitors – Competing products such as the GTX 970 perform very well against the RX 480.
Built around the unique Pascal architecture, the GTX 1060 by NVIDIA is somewhat like its predecessors. However, for a budget of $200, this just might be the best gaming card that you can get. The GTX 1060 does an exceptional job at balancing power with performance and that too at 1080p resolution.
In addition, the GTX 1060 3GB comes in mini form, so for all those who have a mini PC, this just might be the best possible pair you can get.
- Next-Gen VR Experiences – The VR experience on this gaming card is exceptional when compared to the competitors.
- 3x Faster – The GTX 1060 turns out to be 3 times faster than the GTX 960, which makes it a huge upgrade.
- Small Size – The size of the device is ideal for small PCs or laptops. If you’re upgrading your PC or laptop, make this your first choice for a replacement.
- Cheaper than the 6GB Version – For obvious reasons, the GTX 1060 3GB version is way better than the 6GB version of the device. Nevertheless, on overclocking, it performs exceptionally.
- Comes Overclocked – The GTX 1060 comes overclocked out of the box, saving you from any complications.
- Great Compatibility – Numerous board partners provide excellent compatibility options for the GTX 1060.
- Lacks SLI Support – Sadly, this brilliant gaming device doesn’t have SLI support which makes it a downside for many.
- Fewer Shaders than the 6GB Version – It’s not just the VRAM that makes the difference; the device comes with fewer shaders as well.
The GTX 960 GAMING 2G by MSI comes with a slightly better overclock rate as compared to that of other variants. Considering the fact that this gaming card is part of a gaming series, there is a slight potential of super clocking it further for extreme graphic performance. The GPU of this gaming card offers around 2GB of video RAM along with an effective overclock of 7010 MHz and a base clock of 1190 MHz boosting it up to 1253 MHz. Of course, the red and black aesthetics along with the Twin FROZR V makes the gaming card stand apart in a league of its own.
- Twin FROZR V Included – The Twin FROZR V comes pre-included in the gaming card, contributing to a quiet yet cool gaming experience.
- TORX Fan Technology – With the TORX fan technology, you reach a whole new level of cooling, especially with its uniquely designed dispersion blades.
- Super SU Pipe – The SUPER SU pipe provides enhanced dissipation efficiency with the help of its state-of-the-art airflow diagram.
- MSI Gaming App – With the MSI gaming app, you get one-click performance profiles that change the way you play the game.
- Military Class Components – With military class components being used, the MSI GTX 960 stands a class apart from all of its competitors in terms of durability.
- Cool Operation – With SUPER SU and FROZER V technologies, the gaming card remains cool even when superclocked.
- Silent at Load – Cards that don’t produce noise even under load are very rare and this gaming card is one of them.
- Power Consumption – All that technology is fancy but takes a lot of power. The MSI GTX 960 turns out to be a huge load for your power supply unit.
- Rather High Prices – Even though it’s priced under 200 dollars, as compared to competing video cards, the prices are rather high.
The GTX 960 G1 is easily one of the best GTX 960 cards out there, and the product comes with 4 GB of VRAM clocked at 7010 MHz out of the box. Additionally, the GPU comes with a base clock of 1241 MHz and a boost clock of 1304 MHz. The price tag might seem expensive to some as compared to other GTX 960s, but the features make up for it.
- Excellent Compatibility Options – The GTX 960 G1 is excellent when it comes to compatibility and fits great with most motherboards easily.
- Industry’s Best VRAM – The GTX 960 G1 comes loaded with the industry’s best VRAM to make sure each game you play is a game enjoyed.
- Superclocked – It’s safe to say that the GTX 960 G1 is the absolute best when it comes to performance.
- Power Consumption – Doesn’t consume much power and works great with most power supply units.
- Perfect for 1080p Gaming – Just about the perfect gaming card that you need for gaming on 1080p.
- Quiet and Cool – One of the rare gaming cards that keep the system cool while keeping it quiet on load time.
- Durable – Made with excellent quality materials, the GTX 960 G1 is one of the most durable variants of the NVIDIA gaming card.
- Big Size – For a midrange gaming card, the size of the card is huge. Those with smaller gaming systems will ultimately suffer from this.
- Expensive – As amazing as the card is, it surely is quiet expensive when compared with other variants.
Next on the list is another MSI variant to the GTX 960 but this time without the FROZR V and even better overclock features. The GPU comes with 2 gigs of VRAM along with a core and boost clock that’s considerably decent. With 1178 MHz of base clock and 1241 MHz of boost clock, you can call it an extreme variant of the GTX 960.
- Newest Gaming Technologies – With the exclusive gaming technologies featured in this gaming card, the gaming experience remains cutting edge and immersive.
- Classy Black and White Design – With the classy black and white design, this variant stands out from others in black and red.
- Out of the Box OC Performance – The product comes overclocked out of the box, relieving you of any complications. Additionally, you can super clock the device as per your needs.
- Armor 2x Cooling Technology – The product comes with 2 uniquely designed fans that keep it cool during heavy 1080p gaming.
- Solid 1080p Performance – For anyone looking for exceptional 1080p performance, this is just the product that you need.
- Low Power Consumption – Suitable for most power supply units as it provides low power consumption.
- Super Cool – The twin fans do an excellent job on keeping the gaming cards as cool as can be.
- AMD Competition Wins – Many competing AMD devices provide better performance when compared.
Last on the list but certainly not the least is the Sapphire Radeon NITRO R9 380. For readers who are looking for the best gaming cards under 200 dollars, this is just the thing that you’ve been waiting for. Sapphire might not be a tough competitor, but it surely is good enough to make the list. Let us have a look at its specifications.
- Dual Ball Bearing Fans – Sapphire takes great care of the product’s durability with dual ball bearing fans, taking extreme care of quality.
- Black Diamond Choke – To make sure your stability is always top notch, the folks at Sapphire added a black diamond choke to make sure it is at the very best.
- Intelligent Fan Control – With intelligent fan control, your gaming card adjusts fan speed automatically.
- AMD FreeSync Technology – With the help of the AMD FreeSync technology, say goodbye to stuttering and play your favorite games fluently.
- LiquidVR Technology – With LiquidVR, adjust virtual reality as per your need and live through your favorite games.
- Impressive 1080p performance – Performance on 1080P resolution is downright impressive and works better when overclocked.
- Beats the GTX 960 – There aren’t many gaming cards that can beat the GTX 960 flat out and the Sapphire Radeon NITRO R9 380 does the job.
- Durable and Insured – The durable build of the product and the 2-year warranty make this an excellent product to buy.
- Questionable Overclocking Potential – The device provides you the ability to overclock freely, but the performance on OC is questionable.
Our views about Best Gaming Cards Under $200
Overall, the best graphic card that money can buy is, without a doubt, the Sapphire Radeon NITRO R9 380. This product provides the best possible visuals while maintaining a lag-free gameplay, all within a price range that is actually quite reasonable when you consider the benefits.